Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2016
- Total Mediations (as of Jun 2021): 200
For nearly 20 years, Jeff Ward has practiced as a trial lawyer in Georgia. He has successfully tried cases to jury verdict in both state and federal court and regularly provides guidance and counsel to a variety of clients. His civil litigation experience encompasses pre-lawsuit consultation, trial practice and the appeals process. With this experience, he is able to advise his clients on the best course of action to cost-effectively resolve their legal issues.
Jeff practices General Casualty Law, Professional Malpractice Law and Transportation Law. Jeff is currently, and has been for several years, regional trial counsel for a Fortune Five international retailer in professional negligence matters. He represents clients ranging from Fortune 100 retail companies to hospitals, health care providers, construction professionals and other professional and individual interests. He has taken and defended hundreds of depositions including expert witnesses in the medical, engineering and construction arenas.
Jeff is also a dispute resolution professional. He uses his extensive experience as a litigator and trial lawyer handling cases in the areas of general and professional liability to mediate cases to a resolution that is beneficial to both parties.
Before law school, he worked as a private environmental consultant handling wetland delineation, mitigation consultations, and negotiations with the US Army Corp of Engineers.
Jeff has received an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbell for his high ethical standards and professionalism. He formerly served as a Brunswick Judicial Circuit representative on the State Bar of Georgia Board of Governors and is currently the President of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA).
- Contract Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- University of Georgia, J.D., 2002, Cum Laude
- Arizona State University, M.S., 1995
- Minnesota State University, B.A. 1992, Cum Laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia Advisory Committee
- State Bar of Georgia: Discovery of ESI Task force (2015 - 2016); Board of Governors (2012 - 2018); Commission on Continuing Lawyer Competency (2018 - current)
- American Bar Association: Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) and the Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association: President (2020 - 2021); Newsletter Editor in Chief (2015 - 2018); President-Elect (2019 - current); Trial and Mediation Academy Faculty
- Georgia Registered Civil Mediator
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Old Warhorse Lawyers Club
Please contact for details