Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Georgia, South Carolina, TennesseeOther ADR Services: Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Med-Arb
Judge Killingsworth has been in private mediation practice for over 15 years with BAY and has expanded her practice to include ADA and employment disputes in addition to workers compensation and personal injury litigation, with particular emphasis on catastrophic injury claims. She has now mediated well over 2500 cases, and maintains a resolution rate of better than 90%.
Judge Killingsworth has been active in the ADR community in Georgia throughout her career, and has written numerous articles and spoken at many seminars throughout the State regarding both workers' compensation and alternative dispute resolution issues. She continues to teach workers' compensation law at Georgia State University College of Law, where she has been an adjunct professor since 1990.
- ADA Disability
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- B.A. - Vanderbilt University (1973)
- J.D. - University of Georgia College of Law (1979)
- Mediation Training - Dispute Management of Orlando, Florida (1993)
- Advanced Mediation Training - Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law (1999)
- Masters Mediation Training - The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (2010)
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia (Workers' Compensation Section, 1984-present (Board of Directors, 1987-1996);
- Trial Practice Section, 1993-present;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, 1997-present (Chair, 2004-2005);
- Atlanta Bar Association (Workers' Compensation Section 1984-present; Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, 1998-present;
- Member, Governor's Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission (2000-2001);
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 1997 (Board of Directors, 1997-2001);
- DeKalb County Board of Ethics (1997-2010; Chair, 2002-2004);
- Adjunct Professor of Workers' Compensation Law at Georgia State University College of Law, 1990-present
Please call for details.