Academy MemberMap & Directions
He regularly speaks to Dispute Resolution classes at area law schools, serves on panels at CLE programs, is a role play coach in mediation trainings and a judge in mock mediation competitions for mediators and advocates.
Dan's comments concerning Mediation were noted in the book titled "Expert Mediators", by Poitras and Raines (2013, Jason Aronson Pub).
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Libel & Slander
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Dartmouth College (AB-1966)
- Emory University (JD-1969)
- Georgetown University (LL.M-1973)
- Ongoing training with American Arbitration Assn. (AAA), including the following:
- AAA Dealing With Delay Tactics in Arbitration (ACE004), 2006;
- The Justice Center of Atlanta, Probate Mediation, 2005, 1992;
- Attended AAA Neutrals Conference, 2004;
- AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (ACE001), 2004;
- AAA Arbitrator Update, 2002;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator II Training: Advanced Case Management Issues, 2001;
- Attended AAA Mediator Conference Workshop, 2000;
- AAA/USATF Doping Grievance Arbitrator Training, 2000;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training, 1999;
- Third Judicial Administrative District in Georgia, The Mediation of Business Disputes, 1997;
- FINRA Role of the Chairperson Managing Large and Complex Cases;
- AAA Arbitration of a Complex Commercial Case;
- Justice Center of Atlanta, General Civil Mediation, 1990.
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- State Bar of Georgia ( Dispute Resolution & Family Law Sections )
- Atlanta Bar Association - Dispute Resolution Section (Board & Past Chair), Labor and Employment, Family Law, Litigation, and Estate & Probate Sections.
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section, judge in law school mock mediation competition);
- Association for Conflict Resolution (Advanced Practitioner Member), Commercial, Workplace, Family Sections.
$150 per hour per party ($300 for a 2-party case).